Sunday, November 16, 2008

Caught in the act and catching up

Time marches on, and apparently my blog doesn't update itself.  So, to recap the last few weeks:

Miles was Brett Favre for Halloween (giving Brett a run for his money in "cuteness" if you ask me).
He's learned out to eat out of a bowl.    

And sometimes decides to use a spoon.


And Miles has started on his Christmas wish-list as he leisurely looks through the Brooks Brothers catalogue.  Further proving the fact that he is my husband's son.  

I finally caught Miles in the act of "walking." 


And after much debate, and heel-digging by mom, we finally decided it was time to give Miles a little trim.

The "hockey-hair" was getting a little bit too pronounced.  


Disclaimer: I am in no way trained to cut hair.  My SIL, she's the pro.  Me, just call me "the butcher."  Personally, I don't think it looks that bad considering the fight Mr. Miles put up over this new experience.  The goal was to get the hair out of his eyes.  And that much was accomplished.   Note the single tear trailing down his cheek.  This was one of many shed during "the butchering."


8 comments:

TupeloLove said...

Ah! He looks SO cute!! And his big blue eyes are putting me in a trance!! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I notice he still isn't sold on walking as a superior alternative to crawling.

Mike, I can't BELIEVE you said that!

So which is it, Madison or Indy next year?

Anonymous said...

Poor little lad. You probably could have waited a week and had the Awesome Family Hairstylist cut it.

Adorable Miles!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I said that either. Just to clarify, it was not directed at Miles. Just the sort of inappropriate movie reference we will soon have to discontinue when the 'lil one is around. And we've adopted a no-unedited-video-on-the-blog rule going forward.

Indy. As much as I had hoped to be back in this sizzling-hot job market again in a year, I think I can live with this.

cupersan: an obscure word for the feeling of listening to a Bears fan explain in detail why the North race is over, on Thursday, and why the Bears coach should be fired, on the following Monday. Cf. schadenfreude.

Anonymous said...

So it's to be Indy. That sound you heard was me going "yesss." Congratulations, et al. (And you don't have to be a Colts fan if you don't want to. Hating teh Patriots is good enough.)

Miles is ADORABLE. Amy has a matching forehead-bruise (probably gained in a similar manner). I can't believe he's walking already.

My word verification is "ormon," which I find oddly appropriate.

Mrs. Brown can moo... said...

He looks soo cute with his new haircut! I cant wait to see him walk in person, and get to see him and gavin chase eachother!

Anonymous said...

He is practically perfect in every way! Can't wait to hug him myself and chase him all around!

Anonymous said...

So, I'm curious...on Halloween, was Miles going:

"I want to walk. No, I want to crawl. No I want to walk. No, I want to crawl. No, I want to be traded to Aunt Joni and Uncle Matt?"

Or was he not THAT far into character?