I haven't updated my blog with my latest knitting projects lately, and I think my MIL is starting to think I'm ignoring her on Ravelry, so here they are for all to see! And don't worry, pics of Miles will also be included in this blog-post.
As the weather turned colder I needed a new hat. Shamrock (Fitzgerald) from KnitPicks has proven to be warm and easy to work with. I had to search a bit for the perfect cable pattern. "Sarah's cabled hat" on Ravelry worked out well.


As the weather turned colder I needed a new hat. Shamrock (Fitzgerald) from KnitPicks has proven to be warm and easy to work with. I had to search a bit for the perfect cable pattern. "Sarah's cabled hat" on Ravelry worked out well.

And of course, I had to make some mittens to go with the hat. I was a little disappointed with the length. They don't even cover your wrists! (tell me, what is the point of that?) So i need to extend them a bit. oh darn, I guess I need to order more yarn. I have to make a scarf anyway, right?

Here's a close up of the cabling on the hat. It was pretty simple, and turns out very cozy.

About 2 days ago I realized I needed a gift for a coworker who is expecting a baby girl. Since every person I know (save Joni) has had a baby boy recently, all I had in my stash was "boy" colors.

It turned into a really cute striped hat. Modeled here by "Bear." I love the brightness and the contrast of the coral, cyan, purple and bright green.
And finally, I've broken into my Meadows Sampler Sock Yarn from KnitPicks. Up first, Essential Meadows Multi. Love.it. It feels so nice on the needles, and as you can see here, pretty easy to work with when attempting two-at-a-time.
And finally, as promised, your daily dose of Miles-y-goodness.
He LOVED watching the Mexican Dancers at the Indianapolis International Festival. He also enjoyed a good portion of mommy's falafel.

And enjoying a casual sunday morning, in his button down oshgosh shirt...sockless, of course.





2 comments:
Well, yay for me having a girl
Cute hat. Work it, Bear. Work it.
YAY for the knitting!!! Can't wait to sit and knit with you, and learn that Magic Loop deal.
Maybe we can figure out how to use my drop spindle too.
Post a Comment