Monday, August 4, 2008

Big News...and Big Boys

Lots o' stuff happened on Monday. First and foremost, gotta give it up to my hubby-extraordinare. He was offered a job at his law firm! Of course he still has another year of law school to plow through and then there is the little matter of the Bar Exam, but it's nice to know there is a job waiting for him a year from now.


To celebrate we had our favorite celebratory meal: "Burritos and Bubbly."



In other news, Miles is officially a toddler according to his daycare. I don't know how i feel about this. actually, i do know how i feel about it. i got half the daycare staff all weepy just showing them how i felt about Miles being a "big boy." It didn't help that I didn't really want to go back to work today as well. And Miles made just a little bit harder on me by refusing to be held by anyone else but his mommy. 

But according to the "Parent Report" he had a great day, his mood was "happy" and "curious" (just the way i like my behbehs) and he enjoyed biscuits and gravy at breakfast-time.

I shouldn't be surprised really. He is 2 days shy of 11 months old. I guess I better get started planning that birthday party. Blue frosting on chocolate cake, here we come.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Mikey!!!!!!!! Also, YAY for Smiley Miles!!!!!

I wish I could give you words of encouragement and say it gets easier having them grow up, but it doesn't really, deep down. I still miss my behbehs...

Anonymous said...

Mike: Legal Eagle.
Miles: an Official Toddler.
That is just awesome.

I know I shouldn't drop bogus haiku on somebody who actually speaks Japanese, but I did it anyway. Congratulations, guys!!!

Mrs. Brown can moo... said...

Congrats to Mike and Miles!

Isnt it amazing that they are sooo close to turning a year old?? I want to cry just thinking about it!

TupeloLove said...

Congrats to all the M's! And boo-yah to the bubbly and burritos!!

Mandy's Blogspot said...

haiku is not my
forte, fatty mcslowslow
tricky in English


haiku wa hetta
chichi ga jouzu de
eigo de muzukashi

Joni said...

Wait, Mike got offered a job by the law firm he was working for... IN INDIANAPOLIS?!?!?! That is pretty much the best news EVAH.

Oh, and also you can ignore what they daycare says about Miles' relative age... he's not 'officially' a toddler until you have yelled at him for coloring on the wall. With poop.

Anonymous said...

"he's not 'officially' a toddler until you have yelled at him for coloring on the wall. With poop."

agree(1,000)

Anonymous said...

ooh, you are so going to love the Childrens Museum of Indianapolis. it's just the right thing for a happy, curious boy.

TupeloLove said...

P.S. I gave you a blog award! Boo yah! Come and check it out when you get some time, and then barg about it!