Friday, August 1, 2008

Coolest at the pool

on my last day of "staycation" we ventured out to the public pool.  which I gotta say, is a pretty neat facility.  

Bryant Park Pool has a pool designed just for "little guys" with fountains and zero-depth areas.  not to mention it's only $2.50 to watch little guys like Miles splash around and chase after beach balls.  

I didn't get a shots of him actually in the water (because i couldn't very well go fiddle to find my camera while leaving him alone in the pool...lifeguards tend to frown on that sort of thing).  but here are a couple of "after" shots.


I'd also like to take a moment and highlight Miles's "sleepy pose."  
this is usually the sign that he's ready for a nap.  but lately he's been doing it when ever a blanket-like material is within arms reach .  things that qualify as blanket-like:  blankets (obviously), napkins, newspaper, spit-up rags, towels and kleenex.   note the backward-finger suck.  this is a patented "Miles" move.  one day in February he went from sucking his thumb (like a normal baby), to the backwards-finger suck.  don't ask me why...he just likes it that way. 
  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em or Cath used to suck their thumbs upside down, and Laura did the finger suck.

He looks like he had fun at the pool!

Catherine said...

That backwards finger suck is so cute. Well, all of him is basically pretty cute, but you know.

Ma: it was Em, I did the thing where I curled my pointer finger around my nose when I sucked my thumb.

Anonymous said...

I think I'v heard enough of the word "miles" for now.

Anonymous said...

You'd better teach him how to suck his fingers right. With that backwards-thing he'll never get into a good preschool, and then it's so long Ivy League!

(My word-verification is 'enfml.' I find that amusing for some reason.)

TupeloLove said...

Miles looks SO cute in his sleepy mood! And that upside-down finger suck can mean only one thing....it will one day lead to "pah-tooey"!

Joni said...

p.s. Hey Miles, try not to look like your daddy so much, mmkay? It's creeping me out.