Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You know how I said I was "old" in the last post?

Well now I KNOW I'm old.

I vividly remember when Nevermind by Nirvana came out. I was in 9th grade, and whenever they would play Teen Spirit at a school dance, they would have to turn on the lights and stop the music to stop us from moshing.

And now, the famous baby on the cover of Nevermind is 17 years old.

Granted Grunge music was only a phase and lasted until 1994 or so, but it still changed the face of pop music drastically. I still remember the day they found Kurt Cobain in April 1994, and how there was serious concern for teenagers copying his suicidal actions.

the crazy thing to think is that someday Miles is going to look at Grunge music like our generation looks at Jimi Hendrix, or Frank Zappa.

far out.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I always, ALWAYS think of the Weird Al version whenever I hear that song. "A garage band from Seattle... well it sure beats... raising cattle..."

Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head the rest of the day. Great. Thanks.